Thursday, July 16, 2009

Kindergarten Here I Come!!

Yesterday (Wednesday, July 15) I had my first 2 interviews for teaching jobs. After filling out applications with like 10 school districts, I was pumped to FINALLY get a call. So Wednesday morning I headed to Killeen nervous and excited! I went through my the interviews at two different schools- and then it was back to waiting. At the conclusion of the first interview I went on they told me that they would have a decision by the end of the day and that if selected I would be contacted Thursday. At the conclusion of the 2nd interview they simply said we hope to make our decision soon, no time frame or anything, just soon. So-- it was back to waiting.

This morning as I was getting ready for work and watching some music videos on CMT, my phone rings. I knew it was the school district because it came up as "unavailable." Nervously and excitedly I answered the phone- hoping it something I wanted to hear....

me- "hello?"
"is erin there?"
"this is erin."
"hi erin, this is .... with killeen isd. you had an interview with mountain view elementary yesterday and they are offering you the kindergarten position"
"really?!"
"yes, would you like to accept?"
"um... yes! thank you so much...."

I am so excited to get started!! It's finally happened and I am going to have my own students in my own classroom--- such a rush of emotions!! I am also so relieved to have the application/interviewing/waiting process over for at least a year :)
So- next Tuesday, I go in to sign my contract. Then, new teacher orientation is a few weeks after that and the kiddos start aug. 24!! AHH!! I still cant believe it! God is just so amazing and I know that He has some awesome plans for me in Killeen/Harker Heights(where my school actually is). And what blows my mind- is that He already knows all the students I am going to have- and there is a reason He is putting them in my life. WOW!

3 comments:

Bethany Hernandez said...

i'm so excited for you!!!

megan said...

That is just so awesome!

gulp235 said...

i'm so happy for you! can't wait until you start blogging about your student stories. ha ha!