Call me crazy... but if you are calling someone at one o'clock in the morning, you should MAKE SURE that have dialed the right number. On a normal basis- especially a school night- I am not a late night person, something about having to be awake and ready to face a classroom full of 7 and 8 year olds at 7:30 in the morning requires a good amount of sleep. People who know me know this about me. So when my phone rings at 1:00 one morning, I freak out. The first thing running through my mind is that something bad has happened to someone. So, I try to force myself as much awake as possible and answer my phone. "hello?" The response (from a girl who obviously wasn't very remorseful) "oh, I guessed I called the wrong number." ARE YOU KIDDING?! Not even an apology- and it was very obvious I was not awake when I answered the phone. I just hung up the phone, not trusting myself to say anything very nice, and went back to sleep. I realize that it really did not affect my night that much- I maybe missed out on about 30 seconds of sleep- but the rush of panic I felt when my phone rang and the very sudden, unexpected wakeup call didn't put me in the best mood. I am an early morning person. I'm not one of those people that gets mad at their alarm clocks when it goes off- I just like to know that I am going to have to be up and then the time isn't that big of a deal. The middle of the night though, is a different story... I am not a middle of the night person especially if I have already been sleeping. Anyway, just thought I would share my story and remind you that if you are going to call someone in the middle of the night, make sure you have the number right BEFORE you call!
15 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment